You also need to know which of your marketing strategies are the most effective. For more on this, check out my post: How to Stop Wasting Time & Money on Your Marketing.
But once you’re clear about what works, and you’re doing that consistently, it’s OK to add an additional marketing strategy or expand your energy on an existing one.
Because experimenting with new marketing strategies and expanding existing ones is critical to ensuring a steady stream of cool clients.
This is different than constantly starting and then discontinuing new actions, also known as random marketing.
You need to confront your marketing limitations and be willing to dare yourself to try something new.
If you’re having trouble getting started, take some time to figure out what’s stopping you.
“It turns out that stating a problem clearly often suggests its solution.” Gretchen Rubin Click to Tweet
If it’s related to fear, then check out my post: How to Overcome This Four Letter Word in Business.
Ideas for Your New Marketing Strategies
1. Become more active on LinkedIn. There are a bunch of ways to do this. Browse through my posts about LinkedIn to find something that appeals to you.
2. Start making videos. Yes, it’s time. I’ll help you, check out my posts on video.
3. Join a new networking group. One of the key factors for successful networking is joining the right groups. You may discover your new group is more effective than your current one so you can actually replace it. Get more networking tips here.
4. Start, or do more, speaking. There are so many ways to make speaking work for you and your business. And a couple of the options don’t even require that you leave your house, teleclasses and webinars. More on speaking here.
5. Increase your activity on, or finally start using, social media. You don’t have to join every platform. Just pick one, for example Twitter or Facebook, and put your efforts there. See more tips on social media.
And if you aren’t ready to add a new marketing strategy, you can at least add a new distribution channel. This involves introducing your existing content to a new group of people. Read about an example of this in this post.
And to make sure that you will take consistent action, be sure to schedule your new marketing activities into your agenda. Block out enough time to complete the action so you don’t feel rushed or stressed. That way you’re more likely to enjoy doing it.
I hope you’re already thinking about which new activity you will add to your overall strategy. Take action to make it happen and you will attract more clients to your business.
© Stephanie Ward
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR NEWSLETTER OR WEBSITE? You can, as long as you include this information with it: Stephanie Ward is the Marketing Coach for Entrepreneurs who want to create meaningful and prosperous businesses. Grab your FREE copy of the special report ’7 Steps to Attract More Clients in Less Time’ plus business building tips, at: https://www.fireflycoaching.com.
What new action are you willing to take? Share your thoughts and comments in the comments section below.